homestead - Re: [Homestead] Musing at the final turn

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Musing at the final turn
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:49:09 -0500

Yet, at Heartwood, on the homestead, we will live better than they.
And it came to me and I said, the reason is not that we will live the
pure homestead life and subsist on only homegrown food, cook and warm
ourselves only with home-produced fuel nor because our pleasures and
entertainment are very low-cost. It will not be because we deprive
ourselves. It will because there is no mortgage or rent payment and no
car payments and very low taxes. It will be because the plan has
finally come together.

Gene; I'm so glad that you will soon be at Heartwood for good. I feel the same way, even though I'm still whittling away at the mortgage (my payment is still cheaper than the average rent in the city). Not everyone thinks the way we do, though. Some see our life as 'deprivation' if we don't have lots of money and 'stuff' and someone to do the physical work for us. This life is not for everyone.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA