homestead - Re: [Homestead] deer hunting

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] deer hunting
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:25:50 -0500

Bev,
With only three acres I don't have much choice but to hunt on state game lands or, with written permission, on someone else's land. My closest neighbors have three hundred acres that I hunt but my tree stand is down the road a mile or so at a friend's property. They've only got about twenty acres there, all wild rhododendron, blueberry, mountain laurel (our state flower) and pine. There was a tiny stand built in a big pine when they bought the place and I remodeled it a couple times before building a bigger platform above it. From thirty feet up you can see over the shrubs and smaller trees. And you can imagine being in the crow's nest of a pirate ship on high seas when the wind blows. :)

EarthNSky wrote:
So Keith, you hunt from a tree stand?

I have always hunted on my own land. How many places do you hunt?