homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 00:48:17 EST

In a message dated 12/3/2008 11:37:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mmcharry AT gmail.com writes:

The only place in the US where Republicans are still running the show
is the South.
Nice to see Arkansas made it out of the bottom slot after the Clintons left.
Healthcare stats shown are related to wealth of the residents, and more to
the point, the percentage of residents who work for large companies offering
health care benefits. The rural south is still largely populated by people
working farms, for themselves or small businesses. They were in the same
state
when Democrats ruled.

However, it's not a healthy place to live (speaking statistics only here):
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28036471/

And what do Republicans fear more than most other things? This just in
from the Wall Street Journal:
_http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122826686559774533.html?mod=djemEditorialPage
_
(http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122826686559774533.html?mod=djemEditorialPage)

The Wall Stall Journal.... :^)

Drew

Marie, in central Illinois where a winter storm is doing its thing (no
freezing rain though, so we're fine)