homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 00:24:28 -0500

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:

> However, it's not a healthy place to live (speaking statistics only here):
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28036471/

True, poverty is usually accompanied by a host of assorted ills. The states
on the bottom of most every list are our poorest. The last time I was in
Mississippi, I mentioned to my mom that the land itself seemed to emanate a
feeling of hardship and suffering.

(Am I a crazy lady, or have any of you ever sensed that kind of thing?)

Marie again:
And what do Republicans fear more than most other things? This just in
from the Wall Street Journal:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122826686559774533.html?mod=djemEditorialPage

That would be the Opinion page of the WSJ ; )

Cathy, in north Florida where it will be 70 tomorrow. I'm planning a trip
to the coast.
(and missing the snow)