homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 08:00:15 -0500

We are a warring species, plain and simple. We ask, and if we do
not get, then we demand, and if we do not get, then we take by force. I
believe this to be true of all humanity, whether that human is a
paleolithic tribe or NATO.

I absolutely disagree, at least for me. I've never even been in a physical fight with anyone. I abhor violence and taking by force. There are certainly people who like to fight and bully others, but that doesn't apply to the whole species.

We point our fingers and say the Evilbadguy
is over there...maybe he is, and maybe he is not...only time will >tell.

"Get him before he gets you"...don't wait until he commits an act against you (reminds me of that Tom Cruise movie where they 'predict' who will commit a crime and take them out before they can). WE decide he's an Evilbadguy, so WE decide he needs to be taken out.

The US has a LONG history of interfering in the sovereignty of other countries. We bribe/threaten them with financial aid, set up puppet governments, invade a country if we don't like how they are ruling themselves. The puppet governments we set up are often worse than the ones we took out, and alien to the people. We 'liberate' them into a world they may not want to join. We take away their native cultures and seedstock, then force them to buy ours. WE are the biggest bullies on the planet. Who gave us that right??? That's like your neighbor coming over and telling you how to run your homestead...what crops to plant, what animals to have, how you and your husband should interact. If you don't do as he says, he'll come over and burn your house to the ground, then help you rebuild, IF you do it his way. After all, he's superior to you, and it's for your own good.

Lynn Wigglesworth