homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:38:05 -0500

I've been following this thread quietly, but I have to say I disagree with
you on this. I can't control either. I have been in situations where I was
"forced", by a bully, to defend myself. Some may say that I was never forced,
rather I made a choice to fight back, but those people would be idiots. There
is a point where one must respond to evil, or through lack of action, be a
participant in the evil itself.

Now, do I believe in the "pro-active" approach? No. However, I do believe
that response to evil, whether personal, or in a large scale, should be
swift, and crushing.

How do I decide what is evil? Well, that is another conversation. Simplest
answer? Anything that interferes with an individuals right to choose for him
or herself. I strongly believe in Agency. In a similar light, I am obligated
to act to prevent actions by those who would remiove the Agency of others.

Ray