homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:58:22 -0500

My belief, philosophy, or other term assigned for it. Agency is the God-given
right to choose for ourselves. Freedom, if you will. I do not have the right,
aside from education about consequences, to prevent someone from their
choice, provided their choice does not interfere with the same right for
another.

For instance, if you want to smoke Pot, that is your choice. Selling it to
another, on the other hand, influences the buyers (assuming he uses it)
Agency, and should be crushed.

Abortion totally removes the Agency from the baby, who now never has the
opportunity to exercise its agency in any way.

This assumes the mental faculties to be able to choose.

Most crime is wrong because it inhibits the victims exercise of Agency

I don't have a lot of time to go further into this right now. However, it is
a brief summary

I guess I am a kind of libertarian

Ray