homestead - Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cashsmartcardsfortransportation

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cashsmartcardsfortransportation
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:23:36 -0800 (PST)

Well, from what I have read recently from you and Sage and Bev, the women on
this list are kind of tough on men. One of you mentioned telling your beau
that you were looking for a ranch hand as much as a husband :-) If you want
a man to "take care of you", you need to leave PA for a vacation to somewhere
Like deep parts of Louisiana, Alabama, Montana, Mississippi, Idaho, or
Texas. They still grow them 'hard' in some of those places :-).

You still get along with your family. That is good enough. My family is
just glad that I'm not still roaming the country chasing women. And, that
I'm not locked up or recovering from an angry ....nevermind.....

Lynn, I'm trying my best to seperate from society. I have most of those
things, still, that you have given up. My wife is 'afraid'. What will
happen if ? What will we do if? ' don't want to be old and poor and with
noone to help (we have no children, and she has no known living relatives;
and , she will probably outlive me). I care for mher; I can;t make a move
that would cause her to live in constant fear. For most people, change is
hard, and the idea of "real freedom" is frightening.

I really want total freedom. I'm not even going to say in an open email the
things I have thought about, concerning society. I love America, the
Constitution; but I no longer repect our government or enjoy our culture. No
one 'stands up' anymore.
Or, when a smart, reasonable person (Ron Paul would be an example) does stand
up and tell the truth, he is made into a farce, a joke.

One thing I would like to say about most of the women on this list. I don't
think you all realize how unusual it is for women to be so strong and
independent living a homesteading lifestyle. It is not hard for a female doc
to do as a male doc (except for cutters, but that is my opinion), or a female
manager to do as a male manager. But, handling animls, including animals
larger than you, and house repairs, and children, and producing food, etc,
etc. That really is an accomplsihment of strong individualism.
...........bobford