homestead - Re: [Homestead] Farm Animals was SE PA going to identifiable non-cashsmartcardsfortransportation

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Farm Animals was SE PA going to identifiable non-cashsmartcardsfortransportation
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 06:45:23 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for answering so quickly. The last time I had a milk cow, I was about
six years old. (I'm one of those people, that as a kid, the doc told daddy
that raw, un-pasteurized milk was making me sick- he bought a pastuerizer,
and then got rid of the cow).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure thast cow did not have a calf. ? Now, I have no
intentions of having any animal as big as a cow, but I suppose goats would be
similar. After the lamb gets bigger (or slaughtered), does not the nanny
continue to be milkable? Sorry for my ignorance on this; I have milked cows,
but it has been so long, some of this stuff is confusiong .....bobford