homestead - Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cash smart cardsfortransportation

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cash smart cardsfortransportation
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 05:28:02 -0800 (PST)

You are very intelligent, and post graduate degreed. You are very well read,
'and' concerned. But, you are doing 'what' about it, the loss of your rights
and privacy -- and that of your children?

My point is not about you. My point is that if the best educated among us
(people like you) aren't doing anything; who will?. When you were young,
didn't you ever protest, write letters, teach other people about causes with
which you find worthy?

I don't know. I just feel that our generation (you and I share the post
viet-nam war, 1970's generation) has been lousy about protecting the rights
for our country. The 1960's generation screwed everything up, with the best
of intentions. We should have corrected the un-intended consequences of
their projects. Instead we became soft, or least, I did. Now, I'm older and
the young people don't care.

At least use your status as an educated woman to let one or two people know
to fight for their rights. Maybe if we all did that, it would make a change.
My wife and I have been advocates for the mentally ill, and for gay rights
for years. We never 'push'. We just try to use reason and kindness to
persuade. I try to do the same with second ammendment rights and privacy
concerns. Sometimes I feel that I am wasting my time, but I keep
trying......bobford

Still, most of