homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun sales staggering

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun sales staggering
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:45:36 -0800

If you don't have a relative with lots of experience (owning a gun doesn't necessarily mean experience), then find a local gun club or find you does the training for kids to get a gun. Sometimes 4-H, sometimes the local high schools, etc.

Buying is just a small part of ownership. I've been amazed quite a few times at the folks who go and try out some guns, take a class or two and then don't know how to maintain the gun. Haven't got a kit for cleaning and don't know the first thing about storing the gun. A clean gun is your friend!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cathy" <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>

I know nothing about guns either, and I've never wanted one in the house.
That is, until now.

Any advice on where to go for total newbie info? I'm thinking I'll want
something for varmints.