homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 22:43:20 EST

> >I am writing this to you in two parts because I wrote the above as a
> draft this morning. This evening, I see that we are having a
> conversation concerning Spanish profanities.<G>

The funny thing is, I seriously doubt Moon knows want "pendejo" literally
means and why that literal meaning is supposed to be an insult.

>> Moon, if you are working side by side with someone, how can you claim to
> know them if you do not speak their language?

Of course, the answer is you can't. And you discerned the reason for my
comment. We ignorant backwoods Southerners can't possibly have had any deep
revealing interactions with other cultures that compare with telling someone
pitch the horse some hay.

And, Bev, as you know Spanish is completely phonetic. There is no such thing
as being literate in another language (such as English), being able to speak
Spanish, and not being able to also read and write Spanish.

As you read, it was a simple but round about way to ask a simple, non
threatening, question. The remonstration that one would simply not be
bothered with
it, but instead respond with a gutter vulgarism, pretty much determines what
we
are dealing with in this case.

This turn of the thread began with Moon saying: "... I ... have had
slightly broader experience than you in this matter." And yet becomes
'enoja' when given the opportunity to demonstrate same. ..... Parece que en
este
caso 'desconcertada' se hace 'enoja'

Bastante dicho!

James