homestead - Re: [Homestead] What we know about a candidate

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What we know about a candidate
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:54:48 -0500

Marie McHarry wrote:
....I'm beginning to see why the term
'grifter' has been used in connection with the Palins. Just how many
suits did Todd need?
I haven't a clue how many suits he needs, but at some point the McCain campaign decided not to do any more appearances in Maine (Maine only have four votes and they are splittable) and canceled some that were set up. The Maine Republican party didn't think much of that so Todd Palin was sent. Some of my reddest-neck friends were coming in from a trip and decided to stay at the airport to hear his speech. To say that they were underwhelmed with Mr Palin would be an understatement. I'm really not sure what all the squawk was about but they were making fun of him so badly I actually felt sorry for the guy. They went on the whole evening; I was beginning to think they should have paid money to go hear the guy since they got so much entertainment out of him. His hunting skills and fishing expertise seemed to be taking big hits but I was in the living room and they guys were in the kitchen, so I didn't get what it all was, but they sure had fun at his expense, even if he wasn't there.
Whether he had on a suit or not I'd have no clue. I doubt it or I'd have heard about that, too. Generally just a tie will bring on the comments here. Add a sport coat to that and you're apt to be thought a lawyer, a whole suit usually means trouble.....

SusanJane, in Maine