homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da Best, now derision of politicians

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da Best, now derision of politicians
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:02:12 -0500

Well, now ya know, Bob!

'Course, if you don't believe us, check with Medline (NIH's 'consumer information' medical information), or NIH themselves, or any obstetrician or midwife.

You, too, can be an informed citizen :-)

But now you begin to get a glimmer why many women have trouble taking her seriously......

No doubt about it, she's pretty and all that, is a popular new governor and all that, and a past mayor of a city in Alaska and all that. I don't have an iota of problem with those items, but if basic decision-making abilities are flawed to the point of possibly endangering one's family, I'll count myself out. And I do think it's a bit of an unequal contest to hunt from a plane, not to mention it's not exactly an 'ordinary person' sort of activity (takes a lot of $$ for those hunts), but that's an ethics call, not a judgment one.

That last does take guts, though, a lot more than the hunting itself. A lot of the guys up there fly planes that are literally held together with baling wire and electrical tape. I clearly remember my first flight in a bush plane---not for the faint of heart. I got used to it, but picked my pilot carefully......that part of living in the far north I don't miss.

SusanJane, in Maine

bob ford wrote:
What did the little black girl on "Gone With The Wind" say : "I dont know nothin'
about birthin' no babies". That describes me. I saw human childbirth on the discovery
channel; that was close enough for me. I'll take your word (all of you) on this point, you have
a certain experience I can't replicate from watching educational programs. ...bobford