homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:18:20 -0500

I think Palin was the most 'real' of any of the candidates, but that doesn't
make her presidential material. What got my attention was her last baby. She
kept her pregnancy hidden for many months, then the story about flying home
(from Texas?) after her water broke, and driving past a couple hospitals to
get to her local hospital. Yikes.
That all seems SO odd to me; it was barely an hour between my water breaking
and my kids coming out. No way I'd risk having my baby on a plane. Then the
notice of the birth wasn't in the hospital's newsletter, even though it
regularly lists the births that occur in the hospital. You'd think the
Governor having a baby there would be a big deal. There was a newspaper
report within a day or two, so it wasn't like it was a secret. Then she (or
the campaign) refused to release her medical records. That did not lessen my
questions. Just too many unusual things happening around that pregnancy, and
if you are running for vp, you give people the right to poke into your
private life (yeah, I have similar complants about Obama). I guess we'll
never know now.
Lynn Wigglesworth