homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:27:26 -0500

I think you and I have different associations with the phrase "common as dirt".

In my line of work, it means, no manners, no smarts, and no redeeming value, and has ZERO to do with her social economic position. A horse who is as "common as dirt" is just an unmannered pig that needs to get out of my barn. It could have cost $50,000 K and still be common as dirt. Lynda can probably back me up on this, if she wants to. The common as dirt part, not my feelings about Caribou Barbie.

Hahahahaah...I didn't really mean to say I was some beauty queen, I'm not. But you asserted once that you thought most women were jealous of her looks, and I just wanted to make sure you knew, that is really not a driving factor for me.

And I didn't use it during a political debate.