homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 21:03:43 -0700

On Nov 3, 2008, at 7:10 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

If the dealers bought the cars from the manufacturer for a "dealer's cost"
they would not be able to offer those vehicles at a panic sale price and fail to
go out of business.

Of course. I think you are confusing me with Bob Ford.

Sorry you find it a smart-ass observation, but I find it no end of amusing
that you got taken in by the old $500 over dealer cost ploy.

I was not taken in. My value system told me that was a fair profit to offer. I feel good about it. As someone who worked in a commission business I believe all people who provide service deserve fair compensation. Like that, Chris tips food service people well, because she worked many waitress jobs and knows how hard the work is.

I don't find an opposite attitude amusing. I find it ignorant or inhuman.