homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 23:50:39 EST

> >James, look into 'Consumer Union's" new car price service. I think it cost
> $27.00 to run a car. If it is fraud

Not a fraud, Bob, and not even a bad idea. But I don't see anywhere there
where any claim is made about it being the specific price for that specific
car,
only a typical car with those options. The VIN number, as you've pointed
out, contains the major factory options and so it is no rocket science to
work
from that to determine the "likely" amount of money involved in the
transaction.