homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 20:41:18 EST

I nearly did this, I did the research, and we narrowed to 3 models. My wife
wanted to test drive before narrowing further though and that was the
fly in the ointment.

I did pay cash, so that was good and I don't think the wife and daughters
obvious enthusiasm cost me too much. I left them in the car to negotiate
and walked out after giving the salesmen my final price.

He called back later, and I ended up 54.00 over my intended price,

I have been burned before. :^)

Drew

In a message dated 11/3/2008 6:51:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,