homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 22:46:21 EST

> >That is the reason I know they made $150 profit. I knew before I walked
> in the dealership.

I'm sorry, Bob, but are you under the impression that the VIN search supplied
you with the actual amount of money involved in the contracts between the
manufacturer and the contrator (purchaser)??? Oh, ye babes in the woods!

That's not a matter of public record. All you got was a typical or estimated
amount of the transaction and an estimated amount added as dealer options and
costs.

VIN searches look at public records of DMV's and will tell you a great deal
about a used vehicle such as insurance claims, odometer readings, amount the
vehicle was sale was taxed (and thus it's price if people were honest).