homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:22:10 -0700

On Nov 3, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I earnestly believe that Obama buys his own schtick. He really thinks, like
Mugabe did, that if we didn't spend all those billions in Iraq, it wasn't made
as profit by oil companies, it wasn't given as bonuses to Wall Street CEOs,
we could just divide that much money up by the number of "poor" and we'd all
have a bundle.

That is comfortingly simplistic. I see Obama as far more insightful than that.