homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:03:24 -0700

On Nov 3, 2008, at 8:16 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I believe that an Obama administration will push alternative energy
technologies.

One could say that Bush pushed alternative energy, more so than anyone before
him. Behold the entire ethanol debacle.

Thank you for reminding me to write more precisely.

I believe that an Obama administration will push alternative energy technologies more strongly and more intelligently than has the Bush administration.

As for his obvious uphill battle, you will of course remember his common remonstration that we, the people, have to effect the changes we need, that government can't fix things, that the people must make the right changes. Government can help or hinder, but people must change the choices they make and the actions they take; they must be responsible and they must not expect government to do the work for them. Gee, sounds like the homesteader mindset.