homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: dsanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:47:09 -0500

I think he is a politician, I think the Dems picked him because they want
someone with little or no
juice that will do what the Dems in power say (Pelosi, Reid, others). There
were plenty of strong Black candidates if that is what they wanted, (ford in
Tenn. et al.) but they would probably not take orders. My living in Illinois
and owning our farm there leads me to distrust anyone created by the Chicago
Machine. I do not think he believes the rhetoric, but he will say what is
necessary to get elected, as most politicians. Obama has no leadership
experience. He has never created a job, hired or fired people. He was even
unable to make up his mind on important issues and voted present how many
times??? 140, 150?? We are supposed to trust someone with the entire nation,
our military, our budget, our lives when he is that indecisive?? Some say he
voted present to protect his image for future elections (president) so he
could not be pinned down. That is even worse. Hard working people voted for
this guy. His job was to represent them and put in a vote on their behalf. By
voting "Present" he was taking their money and not doing his job. Do you
think if I am just present at work, I will still get a paycheck??? Not for
long. As an independant, I just don't buy the hype about this particular guy.
I WOULD vote for Ford I think, There are a bunch of Dems and Rep.s I would
feel good voting for, but Obama?? What substance is there to him? I was also
looking forward to an election where both candidates followed the election
guidelines, took the public funds and ran an apples to apples campaign. Obama
broke his pledge and is taking money from everywhere, legal or not. I just
don't see anything but a flashy speaker when I watch him, and as a speech and
debater from way back, I know this skill is just the ability to lie with a
straight face and be believable. He is good, really good when it comes to
speaking.

Drew

That is comfortingly simplistic. I see Obama as far more insightful
than that.