homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene, Sell me on Obama, please

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene, Sell me on Obama, please
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 15:19:49 -0600

I feel the same as Gene. I would like to add:

This is the first time I've ever felt inspired by a candidate to get involved in the political process beyond just casting my vote. I volunteered as an Obama precinct captain in a very red area, and was a delegate to my state convention. I think the only way a government "by the people" will ever happen is when the populace feels inspired to actually get involved. I like that he is capable of communicating with and embraces the latest technology. Biden as his VP is a sound choice. No doubt he will surround himself with other good choices. They both have stellar educational backgrounds. They could've brought up a lot of negative stuff on McCain, but chose not to, and even point out the good qualities of their opponents when possible. The world at large seems to prefer Obama, as they see the same qualities we do.

I recently read an article about how the terrorists prefer (actually endorsed) McCain, because a warmonger president will help them continue to recruit suicide bombers. McCain has an unfinished battle inside of him that's just waiting to eat more of our tax dollars. He is a smug little jerk.

BTW: Don't assume I'm a dyed in the wool Democrat: I have voted for every president that's been in office since I was old enough to vote EXCEPT George W.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:27:58 -0700