homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:39:50 -0500

bob ford wrote:
> Lynn, what's going on in your state. I've been listening to the news since
> 3:00 am, and it seems that McCain's team think that his only way to
> victory is through PA and OH. Evidently , they have inside polls
> suggesting that McCain has a good chance of pulling an 'upset' in PA. ?
> ....bobford

Wishful thinking on McCain's part. I'm in northern PA, which is solidly
republican, so I don't hear much, but RealClearPolitics still has Obama
ahead by 7.6 points (with 51.3%...having over 50% is more important than
the spread, I've heard some pollsters say). For some reason, McCain has
been visiting the areas of PA that already support him. He's sent Palin
to Philadelphia (overwhelmingly Dem), but I haven't seen that he's been
there. He's seriously underestimating the voting power of the
Philadelphia metro area...it has a good portion of the state's
population and is very strongly Democrat. All the rural McCain
supporters wouldn't fill one Philly suburb.

The day before the election in 2004, Kerry polled 0.9 points ahead of
Bush, but ended up winning PA by 2.5 points. With Obama polling 7.6
points ahead...I don't think he has to worry.

Lynn Wigglesworth

When your life is on the go—take your life with you.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298558/direct/01/