homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:46:00 -0700

On Nov 3, 2008, at 7:06 AM, Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

I've heard Obama say over and over that he's OK with clean coal,
although Biden said 'they' aren't in favor of using coal at all.

"Clean coal" is an oxymoron.

It is inescapable that efforts to reduce the pollution from burning coal to generate electricity will increase the cost of that electricity.

I believe that an Obama administration will push alternative energy technologies. Oil is far more costly than is reflected in gas prices at the pump. Most of us don't think about the full costs.