homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up (fake?)
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:18:48 -0500

Maybe we did not listen to the same audiotape then. It took me 3+ hours
to download it, and I listened to it. I included the link to the
download in my first post. It look more than 30 minutes or so to listen
to it, but it was buffering so it could have been a shorter audio, I
don't know. But, he did indeed use the word skyrocket. Basically
though, what he said (in my words) is that under the cap and trade
system, his plan, coal plants, implications is dirty coal plants, would
be fined/taxed or forced into bankruptcy, and that would necessitate
electricity prices to skyrocket. I believe he said 'necessarily
skyrocket' Now, I am sure that he sees this as an intermediary stage to
a cleaner solution, whether clean coal technology or whatever-If I give
him the benefit of the doubt, I'll say clean coal, but Biden has said
that Obama is against even that so I am suspicious, but this is not an
acceptable intermediary, not in my world. Obama may get his Illinois
electricity from nuclear power, but a LOT of folks in my neck of the
woods have to rely on coal power.
I don't want to download it again. I don't have time today.
Am I the only one who heard this interview with SFC. I don't care what
BO is saying about it today, I'm talking about the entire interview.

Bev

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Did we listen to the same audio piece? I listened to the one at the link you sent. "Clearly says"? "skyrocketing was his word"? He DIDN'T
say anything about electricity costs skyrocketing in the piece *I* listened to. That may be the result of making coal plants pay for pollution they cause (and he didn't say if existing plants are exempt), but he didn't say it in that audio.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda