homestead - [Homestead] Money to buy a tractor

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Money to buy a tractor
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 07:15:07 -0400

> Money to buy a tractor

If you look around there are some good deals out there. I bought a 1965
Ford 3000 this summer for $2400. It had a spritz can paint job but I think
it is low hours anyway. It had a problem with the lift not being stable so
I took the lift cover off and rebuilt it with a $20 kit and replaced the top
link spring with the proper one for $30. A $40 tune up and fixing one power
steering line and it brush hogged several acres. I checked recently and low
book is $3200 and high is $4500.

Don Bowen KI6DIU