homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:08:08 -0400

On Oct 26, 2008, at 11:24 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

I'm going to be materialistic here..
Things I long for in the country:
Money to fix things
A tractor
Money to fix things
Money to buy a tractor

We bought the 1951 McCormick H-4 that has been here for some 30 years at the time we got this place. I am about to get the tractor nut reported by a neighbor to live nearby over for a going over of the thing. I want it to be a reliable starter when the snow gets deep enough to need it.

The thing was not very expensive, and is apparently quite reliable.

A couple of days ago, we drove past a collection of old tractors parked around a farm. It looks like they might be for sale, though I don't know. If anyone near the Finger Lakes is looking for an old tractor, I'll be glad to help them find the place again.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.