homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 23:21:29 -0400

I papered an entire bathroom with old covers from "The Chronicle of the Horse". I loved it. Half of what we moved was books. : ) Truth is, half our tables are made out of stacks of books. : )

At Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's bed was built into the wall between two rooms....his headboard and footboard were bookshelves the width of the bed.