homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:03:13 -0800

When we were looking to buy in Eureka, one of the old Vickys we looked at had an office/library with 3 walls floor to ceiling with those old dark wood bookcases. I sooo wanted to buy that house just for that room.

Now we have a shed filled with plastic bins of books. They keep all the critters out.

Well, and bookcases in every room and in the hall and boxes under the beds and in the youngest has a bookcase in her closet <g> Seems the book thing is either contagious or inherited!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

In my previous warehouses , I had an eight foot rolling staircase. Not the type you hook to the wooden shelves,( my shelving was commercial self supporting, two sided, 12 -foot high ), and my staircase was made of steel. I bought it used. They are quite expensive , but, very convenient ....bobford