homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:38:30 -0400

Why don't you make your own garlic hummus and fresh salsa?

Don Bowen wrote:
I do like living out away from people. I can go for a long time without the
excesses of the modern world, my life would not be improved by a Starbucks
but there are things I have become accustomed to. One day as I was walking
about the little grocery store in Gainesville I was starting to get upset
because I could not find any fresh salsa and I wanted some garlic hummus. I
then realized that is what many people do to destroy the character and
fabric of out of the way places.

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda