homestead - [Homestead] Stuffing the cracks

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Stuffing the cracks
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:54:14 -0400

On Oct 26, 2008, at 10:11 PM, SJC wrote:...
SJ, who's been stuffing red fleece (wool) tightly into cracks all day,
courtesy of the 70mph winds, which blow in and point out where the wool
needs to go.

SJ,

Did some of that here yesterday. I'd finished the outside part of the the Severe Weather Dog Door and put extra fiberglass insulation behind the piece of drywall at that point. The wind was characteristically "up" here yesterday and revealed that a lot of the wall is going to need better insulation sooner or later. I did stuff a couple feet of drywall crack but it showed me there's a lot of wind-accessible spaces behind that wall. (This is in the unheated garage where the dogs and cats get to through their new door.)

By the way, we've heard of a NY State grant program for education in alternative energy. Does anyone have any further information about that?

Roy
Who will be re-inventing himself and going back to "work".

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.
Groton NY, 13073