homestead - Re: [Homestead] was High speed Internet in the country, stuffing leaky spots

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was High speed Internet in the country, stuffing leaky spots
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:53:39 -0400

SJC wrote:
EarthNSky wrote:
I've connected that slow before, but I average 16 to 18. The fastest I get is 26.4 kbps. What is your normal up there?

Generally on the desktop I get 19.9, but I'm sure that's a limitation imposed by my modem. For some reason modems are fair game for the phone company; I swear they have some way to kill the things.....

The reason I think it's partly the modem is that I used to get up around 30 or so pretty consistently when I was using my work computer.

At least somebody else connects as slowly as I do. I am not alone!

“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda