homestead - Re: [Homestead] High speed Internet in the country

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] High speed Internet in the country
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 23:03:42 -0500

Sorry about the empty post. I merely clicked twice on reply.

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:15 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Do you not have tree fall with all with 70 mph winds up there? If we have
> anything over about 45 mph, we are losing trees.

I don't think my full-day's blow is taking anything down (except from
the ash, which is always losing branches). Everything that can come
down has, for the most part, already been stripped off my trees by ice
storms with high winds. My pine trees are pathetic, and later this
year, I'm going to have my wood guys come and clean up the place. I
have an ancient dead pine in the front yard that is probably more than
80-feet tall n-- lightening got it a couple of years ago (and nearly
made me think that Jesus was on his way). If it fell wrong it would
land on the house. So, it's time for professionals. When they're here,
I'll have them trim everything else -- at least I'll get lots of wood
chips out of it.

Marie