homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garlic sauce

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garlic sauce
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:37:45 -0400

That sounds wonderful. I have to try it, thanks!

Don Bowen wrote:
All of this sounds wonderful, Don, but I've never had Armenian chicken
so I need more explanation.
Is the half chicken shredded and put into the pita with the hummus or is
the pita hummus a side dish? Is the garlic sauce put on the chicken or
over the pita or both? Help me out...

The whole chicken is cooked with spices over an open flame then served as a
half. You tear off pieces of chicken and tear of pieces of pita. Dip
whichever you want in garlic sauce or hummus, eat individual pieces or wrap
chicken in pita and eat. Just get in there, get messy, eat good food and
have a wide ranging conversation.

I do not know what the Armenian cultural rules are, this is how my son and I
do it.

Don Bowen KI6DIU