homestead - Re: [Homestead] High speed Internet in the country

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] High speed Internet in the country
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:11:31 -0400

EarthNSky wrote:
No coverage for me. I am in the white. Do you see how few white dots
there are on GA? I'm in one!

Bev
Chuckle. Don't need to feel too bad, Bev. Shows my area as solid red and I don't know of anyone, since cell phones were around, who's ever gotten a signal of any kind around here with anything but a highend Motorola phone, and their carrier never seems to matter. When we've had visitors with Verizon they've had to go almost all the way to Bangor to get a usable signal (35 miles), so no clue why it's showing coverage here. The only folks that have ever gotten out from here (well, not from the house, but if they walk up to the road from here) are those with the biggie Motorolas, and then they seem to need either US Cellular or Unitel (local outfit).....so don't cry.

That's the price we get to pay for our hills! For me, it's fine, don't have and don't want a signal.....fortunately....and do want my hills.

SJ, who's been stuffing red fleece (wool) tightly into cracks all day, courtesy of the 70mph winds, which blow in and point out where the wool needs to go.