homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:02:11 -0400

bob ford wrote:
Sing Bev. What is shame in expressing feelings through music.

I fall into the grass is greener/envy syndrome...I sing alto-think Natalie Merchant, but I would never consider myself a singer until I could match Loreena McKennitt note for note. If I could have anyone's voice, it would be hers....such a pure sound. I wouldn't mind playing all those instruments, either. She's my all time favorite; I've saved her for last today on my playlist.
Bob, The Mummers Dance is probably her most famous song, but Night Ride through the Caucuses and Dante's Prayer both give me chills, and well, anything from Book of Secrets is good. I've be interested to hear Ray's opinion on her music. She's a world traveler and you can hear various folk overtones mixed in with the base Celtic tune.
Celtic music just puts me in a different place. I love Mary Black's Song for Ireland, Enya's May It Be, and host of other artists you've probably never heard of.
Music is Travel.
Bev, on a journey with Dante's Prayer...her voice, OMG...that piano..divine...I honestly believe that this will be the classical music of the future.
hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda