homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:20:44 -0700 (PDT)

No, I like skynard and stevie ray. There used to be a group in the south
called the Dixie Dregs. They later changed their nmae to just "the dregs".
I saw them live in small clubs several time. Their lead guitarist beat out
clapton one year as world's greatest guitarist.

I saw Jerry lee Lewis in a small club in the late seventies. He had more
bodyguards thasn today's rappers. (I don't know why)

'saw George jones (Colisum) about the same time. he played one 15 minute
set, went in the back and never came back. SOB. They did refund ticket
money.

He got busted shortly thereafter for driving under the influence of alocohol
and cocaine; they stuck him in a mental hospital. he climbed out a window
and drove to a liquor store on the hospital's gardener's riding lawnm,ower.
I have no idea how that man is still alive......bobford