homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:51:42 -0400

Wow, that is cool, Ray. That tells me that you really are a musical
genius. I've always loved music. When I was a kid, I won talent shows
for singing, but smoking ruined my voice as an adult. Amazingly, it is
coming back now 10 months post cigarettes, but I am still in the alto
range. When I was a kid, I wanted to learn piano and organ and guitar.
My parents(adopted) would never go for that because I was typically ADD
and they were afraid to invest. They did however, invest in a piano for
my stepsister and when she lived with us in the summertime, she would
teach me to read music and how to play simple things like Heart and
Soul. My friend Belinda taught me guitar chords. When I found my
birthfamily, I learned why I always felt drawn to music...my birthfather
was a drummer, and my birthmother played the violin, the piano, and the
guitar. My sister plays guitar, my brother, guitar, organ, and drums.
I am the only one, in my birthfamily and adopted family, who does not
play an instrument.
I bought a cheap guitar about 8 years ago, but then RA took out the
dexterity in my hands. I also now have a very nice Yamaha keyboard, and
I do piddle around with that some, but for the most part, I feel like
I've missed my window of opportunity on learning an instrument for real,
and so my true enjoyment is with song.

Bev, now listening to/singing Si Te Vas, (If you Go) with Jon Secada

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:
There are some days when I really hate my music training.?? I cannot
listen to music while working at anything that requires thought.?? It
distracts me WAY too much.?? I find myself analyzing the music, which
totally engages my mind, and totally distracts me from everything
else that requires focus.?? Mindless work is OK, like oh, cleaning
the garage, mowing the lawn, etc.

So, instead, I listen to talk radio...?? <BG>

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda