homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:49:45 -0400

bob ford wrote:
small world, huh. Iv've been to the fox theatre (can't remember why)
. Saw Elton John (girls love his concerts--actually, I was pretty
impressed with the 'show', myself) at the omni (stayed at a
fraternity house at Ga. tech during that trip).

My first concert was Elton John and Fleetwood Mac at the Omni.
SERIOUSLY small world. My senior prom was at the Fox.

I would not venture anywhere into atlanta, nowadays. not familiar
enough with the safe zones.

I used to ride the Marta trains down to Georgia State U right smack in downtown Atlanta. I always got off at Five Points Station and walked. The scariest part of that commute was waiting for the train on the Hightower station platform, not downtown. I learned to act kind of nerdy/crazy, and people left me alone.

Same with New Orleans, (well, in N.O,
you just go to rue bourbon, but I haven't been in a bar in 20 years,
though I wouldn't mind eating at Antoines, one more time
......bobford

I've eaten there, too!!
I had trout amandine at Antiones back around 1978 or so when the Tut exhibit was there...
Our paths have crossed a few times, huh...

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda