homestead - Re: [Homestead] now winter, was List politics Now: horses

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] now winter, was List politics Now: horses
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:16:54 -0400

PS....if it makes you any less scandalized ; ) ....my Katahdins are quite nekkid of clothing and I intend them to stay that way. : )

On Oct 21, 2008, at 9:11 PM, Roy Morgan wrote:

[Not from Roy]

Well...they are wearing water proof turn out sheets, because the last
three nights it's dropped below freezing AND been wet.

I can add stable sheets under the t/o sheets, I can swap out sheets
for heavy t/o rugs, I can add stable rugs under t/o rugs, I have more
whitneys than you can shake a stick at... or I can lock them up.

I like to leave them out. I will let them cope with cold, I will let
them cope with wet, I just won't let them cope with cold AND wet at
the same time, given that they are wearing wussy-boy Virginia hair,
and that Petey is quite elderly.

My horses have a lot of clothes. They've all been inherited from my
sister's crazy show people. (The horses, and the clothes. In fact,
their wardrobes are probably more expensive than
mine...hahhahahaha...they are even monogramed.)