homestead - Re: [Homestead] now winter, was List politics Now: horses

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] now winter, was List politics Now: horses
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:16:04 -0800

DH has been splitting wood and tomorrow he is going to take down a dead tree or two. He's contemplating how he's going to get the lightning struck tree down without destroying too many oaks. He want to fall it his way instead of having it come down during a winter wind storm and having it do extensive damage.

The wood shed is full and he has another two cords stacked and covered out under the big Doug fir.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>

Wrong Rob... The VA Rob is thinking about livestock for the homestead.
How is NY treating you? I have to admit that I do not miss real
winters.. I was talking with my sister and she is looking forward to
winter. She wants the cold, wet & snow. Not me, I like not having to
wear longjohns 7 months of the year
On another list someone was talking about having topped off the oil
tank and had the 5 cords of wood stacked and ready to go. Having the
wood in and ready was always a good feeling. One year in Minnesota
the first snow came in early November and stayed until well into
spring. Is anyone else ready for winter?