homestead - Re: [Homestead] Butternuts

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Butternuts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:20:41 -0400

Sage, or anyone...
I have always thought I had a butternut tree here, but upon looking at the book, I can't tell the difference between a butternut and a butternut hickory. Is there an easy way to tell the difference? Suspect tree doesn't quite look like other hickories and is growing on the banks of the dry creek.

Robert Walton wrote:
Does anyone know if Butternut will grow well in southern Virginia?
Rob Va

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan