homestead - Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:17:41 -0400

> So, for all of you who are still under 40,
> plant trees now.

I just went to pick up some hay and was letting my niece drive the
truck. I showed her a line of cedars that the neighbors have planted
along the lane. I told her that one day she'll see the ones I have
planted as big as those. I'll be dead then.

I have some big oaks and what not in the woods. I figure that they
might make some income for my golden years. I'm 48 and anything I
plant now, might give me some fruit, nuts or shade, but unless I live
a long time, no good wood. I still plant. Leaving a legacy.

Bev is right, youngsters, get those trees in the ground now.

Rob - Va