homestead - Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:07:04 -0400

Yeah. I'm trying to look at the bright side, which means that the 'tree area' I intend to plant can be used for other trees now. I'll plant the walnuts back by the creek. They will still be easy to harvest.
I guess this is a lesson in not waiting. I had hoped that we could get these trees big enough before we die to get some financial benefit from them, you know, like a retirement account. From what James said, the value won't be much because the heartwood won't be large enough by the time we need the money. So, for all of you who are still under 40, plant trees now.

Bev