homestead - Re: [Homestead] Persimmons

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Persimmons
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:13:11 -0400

We are past our average frost date now. Temps have been down to 38, but not lower than I know of. I just checked the 15 day forecast...no luck. If I have to wait more than two weeks, there will, as is the usual case, be no persimmons left. Most of them are still in the trees ripening, but I think I can get enough sweet ones off the ground to make a loaf or two of bread. The ones I ate today to look at the seeds were very good.