homestead - Re: [Homestead] Butternuts

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Butternuts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 21:02:38 -0400

I'm gonna walk back there tomorrow to see what I can see.

I'm amazed that there are so many kinds of oaks and hickories. I noticed today that a large limb broke off one of my persimmons. It was just too heavy with fruit. Hunting season(gun season) starts this coming weekend, so I dragged the limb back to the edge of pasture into the kill zone. :)
Tomorrow, I'll be walking around picking up some ripe persimmons. I want to make persimmon bread, which is just my banana bread recipe subbing persimmons for the bananas.
Also on the agenda, I need to take some plastic deer netting and fashion a few nets to dry those walnuts.
I still have to do that pie filling, too..

Bev