homestead - Re: [Homestead] Short-term versus long-term

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Short-term versus long-term
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 00:15:41 -0800

Kryovac aging from real factory slaughter plants. They get their beef from the type places that PETA like to film. The cattle are hot, the cattle are scared spitless and it will leave a taste in the meat that is exasperated by the Kryovac aging.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

One thing I won't buy at WalMart is meat (except they get specialty
stuff such as tongue, liver, fesh casings, etc from a local packing
house). Other than the specialty meats, their meat tastes funny. I'm
not sure why.