homestead - Re: [Homestead] Short-term versus long-term

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Short-term versus long-term
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 21:44:15 EDT

> > I always buy U.S. raised fish, regardless of price (fresh, U.S. raised
> catfish runs about $5.00 -- $7.00 per lb., 'is cheaper if on sale OR
> frozen).

That's not bad. I did finally find a locally owned grocery store (local
chain, maybe six stores or so) that had frozen catfish raised and processed
in the
USA for about $2.75 lb. I've gotta get some trot lines going! If it'd ever
rain and fill the damn lake.

The worst, at the Mart, was a package of pond raised salmon that said,
"Raised in Canada, processed in China." Whaaaa? I don't want to have
anything
to do with any such goings on!

James </HTML>